Insurance Claim Help
Filing forms with your insurance company can be confusing. We’ve developed a step-by-step guide to help you file your insurance claim on your roof. Give us a call, (575) 201-4242 and a professional Project Manager will walk you through each step! We’ve dealt with hundreds of claims and are happy to assist you in filing your claim!
Step 1: Inspection – Call Elite Roofing to do a thorough damage inspection before calling your insurance company.
- Insurance companies frown upon miss filed claims with no damage and can potentially raise your premiums.
Step 2: Filing an Insurance claim – After verifying that your home has significant enough storm related damage, our trained Elite Roofing project manager will help you file your insurance claim.
- The claim filing process will take roughly 5-10 minutes to complete.
- You will need the date and time in which the storm happened and your policy number.
- All insurance providers have a claims hotline. You do not need to contact your agent if you do not wish to do so.
- Once the claim is filed through your insurance providers’ claim department you will be issued a claim number.
- The claim number will be a reference point for your entire claim process.
Step 3: Adjustment – Once the claim has been filed, an adjuster will be assigned to your claim
- The adjuster is required to contact you within 48 hours to set up the adjustment at a time that is convenient for you. (The Insured)
- Upon making your appointment, make sure to contact your Elite Roofing project manager with the date and time of the adjustment.
- The insurance adjuster is a representative of the insurance company and will naturally tend to have the insurance companies’ best interest in mind. It is important to have your own representation present during the adjustment process. Elite Roofing’s trained project managers represent you (the Homeowner) and always have your best interest in mind.
- The adjuster and the project manager will inspect the entire perimeter of your property as well as inspect the roof and any interior damage.
- This process takes an average of one hour to complete.
Step 4: Paperwork (Scope of work) – Upon approval the adjuster will create a scope of work for Elite Roofing to use as the initial estimate to get the work started.
- This paperwork usually arrives within 7-10 days. It is very important to get a copy of the paperwork to your project manager in order to get the roofing process started as quickly as possible.
- As with any insurance claim there may be extra items that were missed or unforeseen at the time of the adjustment. Don’t worry, because our trained insurance supplement team will handle all supplements and negations on your behalf.
Step 5: Payments and processing – Every storm related insurance claim is paid out in at least two payments. However, it is not uncommon to receive more than two payments. Additional payments are paid out as supplements and are usually paid after the job is complete.
- The payments are based on a percentage of how old the roof is vs. its expected lifespan. The newer the roof the higher the ACV payment
- The first payment (ACV– Actual Cash Value payment) is issued along with the first set of paperwork in most cases.
- The second payment (Depreciation payment) is issued once the job is complete and a final invoice is sent to the insurance company by Elite roofing.
- RCV (Replacement Cost Value) is the market value of your entire roofing project as of the date in which the project was completed. i.e. RCV=(ACV+Depr+deductible)
- Elite Roofing does not require any payments to be made until your materials have been delivered to your home.